The Elrod Update

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Cakes

I've always made my boys birthday cakes and have always tried to do something special and creative with each one of them. It's something that I really enjoy doing, though by no means am I a professional. Over the past few months, I've had the occasion to make several cakes. I made one for Bunko at my house, one for Mother's Day and then our anniversary, and one for each of the boy's birthdays. My friend knows that I make cakes and recently asked me to make a cake for her son's 3rd birthday. I was a little nervous because I had never been asked to make a cake for a specific occasion... much less be paid for my work!! From that cake, I've had 2 more birthday cake orders with a possible 3rd one coming up. Like I said, I'm not a professional, but I get a little better and learn something new each time I make another cake. Have a look...

Grant's 6th Birthday cake

Mother's Day cake

10 Year Anniversary cake

Connor's 3rd Birthday cake (Thomas the Train)

Matthew's 9th Birthday cake

Abby's 2nd Birthday cake

Davis's 6th Birthday cake

Bunko cake

Who wants a homemade cake??? :)








































1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cathy, Those are great! I may have to employ your services! Of course, you'd have to come stay with me while you did it so we could have lots of fun together!

6/25/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home