The Elrod Update

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

God Still Provides

No, we still do not have a regular job for Chris, but God is still providing in the meantime. Let me share some instances:

*As I made out my grocery list the other day, I had planned on purchasing 2 bags of frozen chicken breasts. When I got to the store, I looked at the price per bag... $9.49 (Tyson)! Good grief! There were only 4 chicken breasts in the package... almost $2.50/chicken breast! Reluctantly, I put just one bag in my cart and thought I'll figure out something else for dinners a couple of nights this week. Fast forward a couple of days... my neighbor called and asked if I could watch her children for a few minutes while she ran an errand. I said "yes" and she said she'd be right down. When I opened the door, she has a grocery bag on her arm and says "I bought you a bag of chicken." *jaw drops* I asked "why" and she said she just thought it would help since she knows we eat alot of chicken. I had never mentioned to her my chicken dilemma! IS THAT A GOD THING OR WHAT?!? How cool!! It was even the same brand that I purchase! God always provides!!

*A few weeks back, several girlfriends of mine from church got together and gave me a basket of gift cards worth $350 to places such as Target, Kroger, Starbuck's, Kroger Gas, Colton's restaurant, a month's worth of food from Angel Ministries, and a coupon for free babysitting from one friend. I was overwhelmed by their generosity.

*Yesterday in the mail we received a check from our mortgage company for an overage in our escrow account... almost $1,500! Totally unexpected.

*Today, Chris talked with a friend of ours that is a partner in a general contracting firm. He's giving Chris a temporary job as a field superintendent for a small building project they are about to start. Chris can continue to look for a job in his career field and still work this job, too. What a blessing!

These are just a few of God's reminders to me that He's still in charge and taking care of us. Praise God with me for his graciousness and generosity!! Look around your life... how is God providing for you??

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for this post! I hadn't seen it before today but it really hits home how much we should trust in God to provide. Great examples!! Love ya!

6/25/2007  
Blogger Sandra said...

I have been slow getting down to read. I am so glad that you are able to list how God provides.

Now, the next question is when are you going to update all of us?

9/01/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home