The Elrod Update

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Carving Punkin's

On the Friday night before Halloween, our family spent the evening carving pumpkins. I had bought a book of templates to carve something interesting on the pumpkins this year instead of the standard triangle eyes/nose pumpkin face. Matthew picked a skeleton face and Grant picked a "Home Alone" face (if you don't know what I'm talking about... you'll see). We cut the tops off, cleaned the "guts" out and started carving. I kept the "guts" and actually toasted the pumpkin seeds for a treat. I remember my Mamaw in NY doing that once and I've always done it since.

Hope each of you had a great Halloween!!


Chris getting started on Matthew's pumpkin


I think I'm working on Grant's pumpkin


Working hard


Matthew's finished pumpkin


Grant's pumpkin is on the left beside him... Matthew's is on the right beside him. Too bad they came out a bit blurry. Oh, well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home