The Elrod Update

Friday, June 27, 2008

We Are Back!!

I know... I have not updated our blog since last September. I have missed posting about Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, snow days, Valentine's Day, birthdays, and various other happenings in the Elrod home. Reason? While living in AR, we only had dial-up internet. S-l-o-w as Christmas! Took forever to download one picture and so I gave up. I didn't have the patience to sit and wait. I don't know how good I'll be at catching up from the past several months but I'll try a little at a time to catch y'all up to speed.

First off, we are no longer living in AR. You may remember my post about moving there and the reason why. We moved in with my brother in August of last year with the intent to be with him for only a couple of months or so before we found our own place. We were living with him because we still were paying the mortgage note on our house that we had for sale and couldn't afford that AND rent on another place. We were just sure that it would sell in a short amount of time and we could move into a new place in Searcy or Judsonia. Didn't happen. By January, our house still hadn't sold and we knew that something was going to have to give somewhere along the lines. Chris began looking for a new job and in February interviewed for and got a job back in Memphis. He moved back into our house in MS in March and I stayed in AR with the boys until school was out at the end of May. We did the weekend thing for about 12 weeks. It wasn't terribly difficult, but it made for long weeks, that's for sure. Our house officially went off the market 2 weeks ago. It was on for over a year. *sigh* Anyway... we're going to be content to stay where we're at for a while. We've settled back into our routine over here. The boys have reconnected with all the neighborhood kids and they are all in and out of our house all day long. It's good to be home. We really missed all of our Memphis friends and church family, although it was so good to be back in my hometown for a while.

Just a couple of quick pictures to tide you over before I get back into the groove of posting... :)





Chris and I about to go out on a date to celebrate our 11th wedding anniversary (5/17/08)



Easter 4/08

3 Comments:

Blogger tleaf10 said...

Finally! (fist pump in the air) :)

6/28/2008  
Blogger Deanna said...

Glad to see you are back to blogging! You look great btw! :)

6/30/2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with D - you look fabulous!

7/07/2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home